Time really flies! It's hard to believe it is April...someone must be pulling my leg.
So much going on in the last few months. Girl Scout cookies sales - I'm the troop leader and was the cookie mom this year. Maui Friends of NRA annual dinner auction - there was over 160 people attending the sold out event. I am the secretary for the event. (by the way, I have found some wonderful papers and embellishments for scouting and even rifle).
Then of course all the deadlines - tax season, college and scholarship applications for my oldest daughter and now selling tickets for my youngest kid's annual school bazaar on April 24th. I'll be working the event at the hamburger booth (I'm sure you can feel my pain). (check the website for new papers for schools and graduation)
The kids also have tae kwon do and scouting each week and we also volunteer on the weekends. It's no wonder I am having to color the gray!
I haven't had time for many new projects but I have been listing several items for sale on the website and on eBay. And surprisingly, I did get a chance to go to my girlfriends house for another Stampin up party. We made some cute boxes with the Big Shot (I'll be selling this on my website soon). We also enjoyed some wonderful "Bitch" Bubbly...next time we are looking to bring some "Fat Bastard" - you can find these wines and champagnes at specialty liquor stores.
My husband and I are also in the final stages of negotiations and paperwork to open our brick and mortar retail store...it is a His and Hers store with a mix of items for everyone to enjoy. I think we will just call it "The Store".
Check out the new websites www.HeroesHawaii.com and www.ScrapShackMaui.com
Through Heroes Hawaii, LLC you'll be able to find all your outdoor sporting gear, including firearms. As an outfitter we will also supply first responders, such as: police, fire, life guard, ems, and military with uniforms and supplies.
We will ship worldwide too!
And of course I will continue to provide the best quality and the best price on scrap book and paper craft papers and supplies. I am really focusing on themed projects, easy make and takes and more advanced altered pages.
In July 2010, I will be teaching beginning scrap book classes through the Maui Community College - VITEC.
In August 2010, I will be teaching a class on virtual genealogy - finding your family tree online at the college.
And I am aggressively marketing my scrapbook classes for corporate events at the local hotels.
Whew! That's a lot.
But where I have been neglecting things is at the gym. I'm hoping to get back on track and in the gym every morning.
And moving up on the priority list to get done this week is to post pictures and get the businesses on facebook...
So check back soon.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.